Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reasons I Don't Do Smalltalk

There are many. This is one of them.

Wednesday of the second week of running Grumpy & The Dreaded One's Little Cafe Of Awesome. A guy comes in just before closing and asks for a large latte. I remember him from last Wednesday and while I'm cleaning I ask him how his day has been. He says good, I just finished work and now I'm waiting for my person across the road because I do counselling here one day a week.

Across the road is a drug and alcohol rehab centre.

"Oh," I say, "Really? That must be interesting."

"Sorry?"

"Is that what you do for a living?"

"What?"

"Are you a counsellor?"

"No no -  I'm not a counsellor. I'm getting counselling."

1 comment:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Foot in mouth!

I'm glad I'm not alone :-D