Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bendy Grumpy


Most recent Grumpy column in Tsunami. Weird in that it's the third version of something I was trying to write for the blog. Came out different each time. Quite like this version. It's basically an amalgam of many benders had with good friends. Some of them are faint memories from years ago. Others are more recent fun times.

I love swan-diving into the abyss, I really do. But I also like that feeling of swimming to the surface and seeing the clearness again.

New people in my life now, and I totally adore... hang on. Tour de France. Gotta go.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Very, very good. I think you definitely got it right this time. I really like the Ben Herr joke. ;-)

Lee Bemrose said...

Why thank you. Personally Hunter 'Schoolboy' Thompson made me giggle more. Nothing like exagerated claims of hardcoreness.

Lola Lopez said...

Maybe you should have used 'sissy pants' instead.
Great article.

Lee Bemrose said...

Thank you MM. Or perhaps Hunter Softcock Thompson. Man how I'd loved to have said that to his face and survived.

Lola Lopez said...

Yes he did love his arsenal of guns