Sunday, July 27, 2008

The People We Used To Know

Got a random line of poetry
Got a dream
Got a memory
Got a destination, an idea,
Got a place I want to be.

I’m saying goodbye
I’m saying I’m coming
I’m saying it’s good to be back
To a place I’ve never been before.
I want to know what’s next.

I’m a dream
I’m a memory
I’m just some vague notion
Of how things might have been.
Just like you.

We swim through time
Drowning slowly
We remember sometimes, another time
We wonder what happened
As we fade
And become the people we used to know.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I like this. Bit sad but I think everyone can relate in some way.

Lee Bemrose said...

Ta. It's only sad the way wilted flowers are sad. Or sad the way that a juicy looking apple you were looking forward to eating has a worm in it. Fading and wilting and being eaten by worms is just the way of things.