Sunday, April 20, 2008

Love, Death & The Rhythm Of Language, Baby: A Eugoogooly

I've got a fair bit of writing I have to do this week and I'm writing a short story that I'm pretty excited about. It's moody as hell and although I've actually just come out of a mood fug and am feeling pretty happy, I don't really want to write anything funny. I just want to write about this character, Ruben Jane. So far, the story feels at least as good as Remembering Argos. It's called Leaving Ruben Jane, and it's got The Thing. First really good fiction I've written in a while and I'm hoping that being so hooked on the rhythm of language is going to finally spill over and really get me into fiction again. It's all about love, death and the rhythm of language, baby.

But last night, after a really good day at The Big Pointy Building I got home and watched Zoolander. I'd forgotten how much I like this movie. I think it is just about comedy perfection. Excellent cast, really funny writing and great comic acting. Think I'm going to go get a copy today.

I have to stay moody for Ruben Jane so I don't want to try to write anything that my cold, walnut-sized brain thinks is funny. But watch this clip. This is a very funny movie.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love Zoolander. Graham watched it for the first time a couple weeks ago and loved it so much he wondered why he hadn't seen it before. I could be mean right now. But I'm not going to be.

I can't turn left. Hahaha. Classic.

Can't wait to read the new story! Sounds very interesting.

Lee Bemrose said...

It is good, isn't it? Best job ever would be working on something that involves such ridiculous amounts of silly.

I shouldn't talk the story up, Kat, so I won't. I hope it turns out as well as it started.

Y said...

Love Zoolander. The Boss does BlueSteel very well, have you noticed?