Saturday, February 10, 2007

Gumshoe Journalism

I have a story deadline of tomorrow, and the story has not happened. I was to supposed to do an interview with a director via email. I sent the questions to the person representing him, and she just kind of vanished. She only works office hours and I didn't get her mobile phone number before close of business on Friday. I gave her my mobile, so you'd think she would have called at some stage to ask how the questions are going, but no. Just nothing. I have nothing. Nothing but a deadline. In reality the deadline is first thing Monday morning, so I still have plenty of time to think about what a good story it would have been.

Last time something like this happened, the result was pretty funny. Maybe I should do the same again. Gumshoe Journalism? Why not.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a story to pull out of my arse.

No comments: