Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Saga Continues...

This toilet business has been a nightmare (see post below if this is your first time here). I can't believe I was once a tradesman who could do anything from stonemasonry to window repairs and minor electrical stuff and now I can't even put a goddamn toilet in. I had to take the damn thing apart AGAIN today because a seal was not working. I sussed out what the problem was, decided upon a solution and went back to the hardware store AGAIN. (I found a rather fetching utility belt that I want a lot).

Anyway, I had to saw a bit of pipe to fit better and I broke the blade of my brand new hacksaw. Incredible. Still, I was in no mood for defeat and used the stub of the saw to make the required cuts, went to work again and FINALLY things are looking good.

Now I have to go to a writer's meeting to meet the publisher of a mag I freelance for. Apparently there are changes afoot, new opportunities with the publishing company expanding, new rates to discuss, as well as the question of whether they will agree to give me a regular humorous column. I think they should. They probably won't. I should be looking forward to it, but I know I'm just going to spend all night worrying that The Toilet From Hell is going to collapse in my absence.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps you should try staples...

Lola Lopez said...

That is completely shithouse Lee...

Lee Bemrose said...

Gin - Go the staples! There's nothing that can't be fixed with staples. And velcro. Mmm... velcro...

MM - I'm in cistern that I did a good job. In fact I'm flushed with success, so stopp pooh-poohing me and put a lid on it.

God, that was so awful I'm not going to delete it.

Zoomfreaky said...

Murphy has taken a liking to you, hasn't she?
Well my advise is...just sweet talk that baby into obedience, stroke her a little, make her feel wanted and maybe the damn thing will not let you down...again. :))
Good luck on your column! Hope you get it...you are totally right..you should get it and soon.

Have a lot of catching up to do, have taken a blogholiday for a while.

Lee Bemrose said...

Zoomfreaky. My god it has been a long time.

Question of the column didn't come up, but it was a cool thing for the mag to put on a writer's night. It was good to meet some of the other writers and the editor is a good person. Publisher is a classic no bullshit kind of guy. Good vibes all round. I'll mention the column again when the time is right.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I beg you, call a plumber. Actually, I've heard of some bodgy plumbers Down Under too, they sure did a number on a bathroom I've seen...

Lee Bemrose said...

STOP FREAKING OUT GG! GET A GRIP! THE TOILET WORKS FINE!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Heh.

That's wot you think.

[Can't you tell I'm teasin'?]

Lee Bemrose said...

Indeed I can :)