Friday, September 15, 2006

Peace & Ha Money

Finished my third day of being a male nurse on All Saints. I'm so used to walking up to people and miming now that I feel the urge to do it to real people. Bloody funny thing to have to do. As is being a 'wipe'. I have been a wipe. I am a wipe on many occasions in this episode. A wipe is when you are not a blur in the background but a close up blur. You walk quickly by just centimetres away from the camera to give the effect of... well someone walking by just centimetres away from the camera.

Funny how devices such as the wipe are somehow supposed to heighten the reality, yet what they are really doing is drawing attention to the fact that there is a camera present. Much like the hand-held look. Like, when you look around at a room full of people in actual real life, your vision doesn't pop in and out of focus. And you don't zoom in on a chair leg when someone is speaking... hmm, maybe sometimes.

Just had my two stories confirmed as being in the Age comp. Excitement. Wonder if I can enter a third.

Exciting too is the fact that Kolliope are coming to Sydney for their first gig. Raved about their album Oracles & Glands before. My love affair with it has not diminished. I am looking forward to it so much. And they've said they're going to come into the shop. And I'm going to have to try hard not to act like a gushing groupie when I catch up with them. I am in awe of anyone who can make such seriously magical music.

Off to see a black comedy called Terrorism tonight. Going alone because The Dreaded One will still be at work. Would change it to tomorrow night but the review has to be in on Sunday, and Sunday is Earthdance. Earthdance will see me quite scootered, I am sure, and in no fit state to write anything coherent.

Told someone before that this year I plan to go to Earthdance early to attend the prayer for peace ceremony. Not sure what happens but I thought it would be amusing to ask someone if this was where the prayer for large sums of money took place.

"Sorry dude, this is the prayer for peace."

"Oh. Pardon me. My mistake. Wrong prayer. I'm actually after the lots of money one."

Seriously, I think the ceremony will be interesting. I don't do much spiritual stuff, and although I believe humanity is beyond prayer, I don't think there's any harm in joining in.

After the ceremony, of course, like everyone else in Sydney park and at various venues around the world at the same time, I'm gonna party my arse off. 20, 000 people expected at Sydney Park at the end of King Street in St Peters. Awesome.

5 comments:

Lola Lopez said...

You can pray for anything you like. Just remember, sometimes the answer is 'no'...

Start with peace and then work up to cashola...

Lee Bemrose said...

I think mostly the answer is no.

While the ceremony and prayer were going on, my mind actually wandered. I was looking around thinking that they're expecting 20,000 party people (and I'd say there were at least that number through the day) but the number of people who bothered with the ceremony was maybe a couple of hundred. Still, I thought it was pretty cool that people bothered with something as optimistic as a prayer for peace. I was happy to be there.

And fuck me what a huge rest of the day. I still can't believe I actually made it to the after party. Gawd I feel drained.

Lola Lopez said...

I was just wondering if you were still alive. You must email me and tell me about your day once the brain cells return..

Lee Bemrose said...

Done, Miss M. A lengthy email awaits you.

Lola Lopez said...

Read it this morning. Sorry for the hurried and short response but I had to come to the dreadful place I now find myself in! (aka WORK).

Feeling rather shite-ish today after and evening of ralphing. At least all food and liquid appears to be staying down for the moment.
I long for a long lie down on the couch however!
Okay, whinge over.