Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Introducing Doctor Luke Montgomery

So I reeeeeally don't want to work with Mr Passive Aggressive in the Opera House kitchen on Thursday (only day I'm rostered on this week) but I didn't know what else I could do. It's still money. Then the phone rings and it's the extras agency I signed with and they want to know if I want to play a male nurse in All Saints over the next three days, including a full day's shoot on Thursday. Spooky timing or what. Woo hoo!

Also, after years of missing the deadline for The Age Short Story Of The Year competition, I finally got an entry in. With enough time to spare to maybe get something else in. They change the cut-off date each year and I have always missed it by a few days, but not this year. Aaaaa hahahahahaaaa... I kick arse.

I don't expect to win, but it's fun having an entry in there.

Do male nurses get stethoscopes? I think I have to have a stethoscope to fully get into my part as Doctor Luke Montgomery, a passionate man and the driving force behind the entire emergency wing of All Saints. He works hard, he plays hard, he loves like a saint...

Erm, just diagnosed myself with Carriedawayitis.

Gotta dash.

4 comments:

Lola Lopez said...

No stethoscope but you get to dole out a lot of drugs...
I've never watched that show... do I have to now that you're in it?

Lee Bemrose said...

No. I'm pretty sure I'll just be a blur in the background. I've been in it before but never felt that I have to watch it, so don't you feel that way either.

Still have another couple of days on it this time round. Kinda fun stuff.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

No, no stetoscope. But you can scare patients with a huge syringe.

Are you going to be famous? Will you be giving out autographs? Is this Carriedawayitis too?

Lee Bemrose said...

Famous GG? That is a definite case of Carriedawayitis. If symptoms persist, take two placebos and call me in the morning.

Dr LM.