Monday, June 05, 2006

One Deadline Gets its Arse Kicked

The good thing about doing crappy jobs (like the past week catering) is how good you feel afterwards. Same with looming deadlines. There was no room for error with that last writing job, and I was really nervous about it. I thought I had gotten over being nervous about writing for street press, but nervous I was because it was a more serious story than I usually write and... I dunno. I didn't want to fuck it up, is what it boils down to. Got the story in last night, publicist emailed this morning to find out if everything was okay, I emailed the editor to ask if the story was okay, and she said she was very happy with it. Big phew. That was a very nice way to start a new week.

That's two reviews and one feature for the new mag, all written at short notice. I hope that doesn't make me their Short Notice Guy. I'm guessing every mag has them. Then again, I do get a buzz out of looming deadlines. I need another deadline, man, need it real bad.

No comments: