Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hyperactive Laziness

I think I am losing my capacity for being lazy. In an ideal world I would come home from work, sit on the couch and stare at the television and pretty well shut down my brain for the night. However tonight I was supposed to be going to the final judging meeting of the creative writing section of Play Now Act Now, a youth alcohol awareness initiative (the irony of me being involved in this is just too much). Then the opportunity to review a play called Matt & Ben came up and I had wanted to see it, so the final judging has been bumped (not quite sure what was supposed to happen there anyway – I picked who I thought were the winners – were they going to try to make me change my mind? Because I wouldn’t have. I’m far too lazy for changing my mind... except when it comes to deciding what to wear out). So, comedy theatre at 9pm which means a moderately late night; friends over for dinner tomorrow night which probably means a pretty late night; another performance at The Opera House on Thursday called Drink Eddie Bitch, which is also meant to be very funny, so another late night. Then there is a psytrance night on Friday that I’ve already said yes to, I have to work in the shop on Saturday, then another psytrance thing on Sunday... then it all starts over again. Why am I doing so much when all I really want to do is nothing?

Good news is, I have an hour or so until The Other One gets home, so it’s me and my goose-down pillow on the couch for a nana nap. Although I probably should start the standing-indecisively-before-the wardrobe ritual. That’ll kill at least an hour.

Balls. Just fell sleep for 3⁄4 of an hour. Gotta go.

No comments: