Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Back To Reality

Just got back from The Awakening. Bloody hell, what fun. I was so dirty and hairy, like a caveman. I am not dirty anymore, but I am still quite hairy. I have the rest of the week off, so in celebration I am not shaving for the entire week. one of the few 'guy things' I indulge in. Although I have to say that my version of hairy is not really caveman hairy. I have pathetic facial hair. I probably would have been a pathetic caveman.

Too much to say here, and I have to finish the rest of the Byron thing before trying to recount the silliness that just took place.

HOWEVER - got back to an email from a Queensland magazine editor asking for my column. Really felt bad about forgetting it because it's the kind of thing that pisses me off in my contributors. Luckily I had something that gave him the laugh out louds.

AND - there was another email from the editor of an e-zine in the States telling me that they accepted my story Remembering Argos. This story won a national comp a couple of years ago but didn't get published. I am happy to give it away because I have already been paid for it and it's getting another viewing by a new audience. Nice. It can be read at www.litvision.org

I have to go look at the television now. It will be nice to not spend the night wondering if the cow-sized wombats snuffling about outside the tent are real or imagined.

No comments: